Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Abandoned Boy by Mr. LST



There was a young boy who was seemingly abandoned by the sea
He was confused and frightened of how this could possibly be

As the tide rolled in it surfaced next to his tears
Surrounded by the night as the cold winds pierced his ears

Famished and weary on his back he chose to lay
Sinking ever so deeply into the sand he closed his eyes and began to pray

Lord I can not grasp the reason why I was left here on this day
Yet, I know with you as my guide you will continue to make a way

I ask not for answers for they know not what they do
Maybe this was a test to see how close I really was to you

As the sun began to fall and the moon begins to rise
I ask for wisdom and discernment to be the light that opens my eyes

I ask you for peace and forgiveness for all
I ask you to restore the love in their hearts just as you did for Saul

As he continued to pray two people vastly approaching could be seen
It was his mother and father nervously hurrying to the scene

His mother hugged him dearly and his father smiled in delight
They joined hands and walked back to the shore in the dust of the night

For his parents to abandon him he could not imagine such a thing
The thought of not having GOD and the will to pray was closer to a nightmare than a dream

His father asked him did he feel alone as he wondered where they could be
The young boy replied I was not alone because GOD never abandoned me

No comments:

Post a Comment