Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Favor Isn't Fair


It was another great victory and the fans began to exit the football stadium. I mingled around for a few moments greeting and thanking our loyal supporters for sticky with us through another tough season. I hurried over to give my mom a final hug before I strolled back to the locker room to celebrate with my teammates. As I jogged up the stadium stairs I saw an unfamiliar face. 

This older gentleman was staring me directly in the eyes with a slight grin braced upon his face.  I smiled and nodded my head in respect as I continued towards the locker room. The closer I became I heard the gentleman softly utter, “Many people would rather have God’s favor, than to be Saved”. I cautiously said, “Excuse me sir”. He said it again, “Many people would rather have God’s favor, than to be Saved”.  At that moment he walked off humming a subtle tune. I paid it no mind and joined in the celebration with my teammates. 

Later that night as I walked back to my dorm room full of vigor and delight his face began to appear in my thoughts. His words growing ever so closer to my life. I stopped and looked up into sky, but no answer was to be found. I dropped my head to the graveled pavement, but only silent footprints wondered around. Suddenly I felt the urge to ask myself a question that would reveal something that would alter my life forever.  Am I willing to leave it all for them to give all of me to Him?

MARCO-ISM
This was actually a dream that I had which spoke volumes to me. My question to you is are you willing to give up all the earthly gains and man-made favor that you believe God has given to you in order to give your life to him and do his will in hopes of one day gaining the ultimate favor which is making it into the gates of Heaven.

Often times we lose sight of his divine purpose because of our worldly successes and accomplishments. Our peers start to praise us for the external awards that they have no internal connection with. Many times those who glorify our works are only able to see the finished products and their monetary benefits.
However, what are you willing to part ways with to grow closer to Him? Are you willing to give up the glitz and glamour, allow the world to scandalize your name, but still go with Jesus all the way??

2 Corinthians 8:9 states, “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.”

So again my question to you is are you willing to leave it all for them to give all of you to Him, he undoubtedly did for us. 

www.marcowalder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment