Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Be Alright by Dr. Marco Walder

When life brings darkness, I will have the courage to be the light, as I hear Dr. King say to me, I will be alright.

I will not be afraid to rise high like a kite, as I hear Maya Angelou say to me, I will be alright.

For peace and love I will not fear putting up a fight, as I hear Malcolm X say to me, I will be alright.

When my talent and abilities are over shadowed, and my color is the only thing in sight, as I hear Jackie Robinson say to me, I will be alright.

As present and future generations seek to appeal injustices that only offer exclusive rights, as I hear Rosa Parks say to me I, will be alright.

When thorns of hatred try to create an image that can only do wrong and no right, as I hear Barack Obama say to me, I will be alright.

No matter what comes my way I have the power to say, I will be alright.

- Click on the link below to wactch 3rd grader Braylon Scott perform this poem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIcuSqZ1hng

No comments:

Post a Comment